Perpetua: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Perpetua
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Perpetua? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Perpetua
- Comments and insights on the name Perpetua: | Edit
Perpetua is a rare saint name.
- Personal experiences with the name Perpetua: | Edit
My friend's daughter is named Perpetua after the Catholic saint. It's a rare name but I took an immediate liking to it.
- Nicknames for Perpetua: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Perpetua: | Edit
Perpetua is of Latin origin and means lasting. It is most commonly used by Catholic families honoring St. Perpetua, a third century maiden who, with St. Felicity and their companions, was martyred at Carthage by gladiators for their Christian beliefs.
- Famous real-life people named Perpetua: | Edit
St. Perpetua of Carthage
Perpetua Nkwocha, captain of the Nigerian women's football soccer team
- Perpetua in song, story & screen: | Edit
In the classic children's novel "Anastasia Krupnik" by Lois Lowry, Anastasia briefly wants to convert to Catholicism in order to take the middle name Perpetua.
Perpetua, abrasive office colleague of Bridget Jones in the "Bridget Jones' Diary" novels by Helen Fielding.
Cape Perpetua is a scenic cape on the Oregon coast.