Reka: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Reka | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Reka? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Reka
- Comments and insights on the name Reka: | Edit
Hungarian given name. Affectionate forms are usually Réki and Rékus.
- Personal experiences with the name Reka: | Edit
My name is Reka - I was born and raised in Hungary.
- Nicknames for Reka: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Reka: | Edit
Réka is an old Hungarian female given name from the 10th century. It is of Hun descent, originally being Rika, derived from the Turkish Arikan. Over time it changed into forms like Kreka or Rekam and eventually into Réka.
- Famous real-life people named Reka: | Edit
The first known bearer of this name was the legendary second wife of the Hun king Attila, daughter of the Hun prince Keve.
- Reka in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!
Name Lists Featuring Reka
Global Popularity of the Name Reka
- #3 in Hungary