Rheanna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rhianna:
Borrowed from the Welsh, Rhiannon is an ancient Celtic name of uncertain derivation. Some believe it to be derived from the Old Celtic Rigantona (great queen). The name, which is borne in Celtic Mythology by a goddess of fertility, was not used as a given name until the 20th century. Its popularity outside Wales is due in large part to the song "Rhiannon" by the rock group Fleetwood Mac.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rheanna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rheanna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rheanna
- Comments and insights on the name Rheanna: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Rheanna: | Edit
This is my name. I was named after my mom's former sister-in-law, Rhee Anna.
- Nicknames for Rheanna: | Edit
Rhe, Rhee, Rhea
- Meanings and history of the name Rheanna: | Edit
Reanna is Gaelic. Irish meaning is "Little Queen".
- Famous real-life people named Rheanna: | Edit
Rihanna the singer
- Rheanna in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Rhiannon" by Fleetwood Mac