Roisin Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Roisin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Roisin
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland 2014
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland, 2010
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland for 2012
- Irish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in the Republic of Ireland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Roisin
- Comments and insights on the name Roisin: | Edit
One of Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy's great-granddaughters was given this as a middle name in her honor.
- Personal experiences with the name Roisin: | Edit
My best friends name is Roisin and she is smart, beautiful loyal and the best friend ever!!!
- Nicknames for Roisin: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Roisin: | Edit
From Irish, meaning "little rose". Pronounced Roh-sheen.
- Famous real-life people named Roisin: | Edit
Róisín Murphy, Irish singer/songwriter
Róisín Shortall), Irish politician
Róisín Egenton, winner of the 2000 Rose of Tralee beauty contest
Roisin Dunne, guitarist in the group 7 Year Bitch
Roisin McAuley, TV reporter and author
Roisin McGettigan, Irish athlete
Róisín McAliskey, Irish political activist
Roisin Conaty, English Comedian
- Roisin in song, story & screen: | Edit
Róisín Dubh is a common Irish translation of the nationalistic poem "Dark Rosaleen" by James Clarence Mangan, and a personification of Ireland.