Romilly: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Romilly
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Romilly? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Romilly
- Comments and insights on the name Romilly: | Edit
Romilly is uncommon but familiar in England, but it seems to be totally unknown in the United States.
- Personal experiences with the name Romilly: | Edit
The only Romilly I know is male. In the UK Romilly is a gender neutral name. I haven't checked to see if you have it in the male list too, but plan to do that next! My name is Romilly & Im female...I totaly love my name
- Nicknames for Romilly: | Edit
Rami, Romi, Roe, Romy. Milly/Millie, CD-ROM, Rom-girl
- Meanings and history of the name Romilly: | Edit
From a French place name and later use as an English surname.
The name Romelia is of Hebrew origin and means "God's beloved one". I'm not sure if the names are related or not but Romilly sounds like it could be a variant of Romelia so that is the definition I plan to apply to it.
- Famous real-life people named Romilly: | Edit
Romilly Weeks - British Newsreader.
Emma Thompson and Greg Wise's daughter is named Gaia Romilly.
- Romilly in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!