Rori Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Rory:
Anglcized form of Ruairí (red, rust-colored). The name was born by Rory O'Conor, the last high king of Ireland, who reigned from 1166 - 1170.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rori? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Rori
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rori
- Comments and insights on the name Rori: | Edit
The variant "Rory" is more commonly given to males while "Rori" seems a more popular choice for girls.
This is sometimes used as a nickname for Aurora.
- Personal experiences with the name Rori: | Edit
I named my 2nd daughter Rori. I will admit, I got it from Gilmore Girls, but it seems to fit perfectly. She is 2 now, and such a personality.
Another name that I really like, besides "Robyn." Spelled with the "i" at the end, of course for this one!
- Nicknames for Rori: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Rori: | Edit
It is a Gaelic name that means "Red King"; it can be used for boys or girls.
- Famous real-life people named Rori: | Edit
Rory Cochrane, male actor.
- Rori in song, story & screen: | Edit
Rory- nickname for Lorelai, a female character on "The Gilmore Girls."