Rosa: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Rosa
Origin of the name Rosa:
Derived from the Spanish rosa (rose).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Rosa? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Rosa
- Comments and insights on the name Rosa: | Edit
Rosa also means "pink" in Spanish
- Personal experiences with the name Rosa: | Edit
Every Rosa I have known has been warm, kind and caring. While it is a traditionally Hispanic name, I could definitely imagine Rosa crossing over and becoming a more mainstream and younger name in the U.S.
Also an Italian name!
- Nicknames for Rosa: | Edit
Rosie Rosita Rose Ro
Rosa is also the shortened form of Rosalinda.
- Meanings and history of the name Rosa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Rosa: | Edit
Rosa Parks, civil rights activist
Rosa Gloria Chagoyan, actress and singer.
Rosa Luxemburg, early 20th-Century left-wing activist
- Rosa in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Rosa Maria se fue a la playa", salsa song
"Rosalita" -- Bruce Springsteen song
Global Popularity of the Name Rosa
- #277 in Scotland
- #457 in United States