Sandra: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Sandra
Origin of the name Sandra:
A short form of Alexandra or Cassandra, Sandra is now commonly bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sandra? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sandra
- Comments and insights on the name Sandra: | Edit
The name Sandra has been popular in the mid '80 and throughout today. Many people I know are named Sandra, i don't understand why they hate they're name so much? Its a nice name! :)
- Personal experiences with the name Sandra: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Sandra: | Edit
Sandee, Sandi, Sandie, Sandy, Shasha, Samme, Xandra
- Meanings and history of the name Sandra: | Edit
Can be used as a short form of Alexandra, Alessandra, or Cassandra as well as on its own as an independent name. Also can be written - Xandra
- Famous real-life people named Sandra: | Edit
Sandra Bullock, American actress
Sandra Dee, American actress
Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman appointed to the United States Supreme Court.
Sandra Fluke, American women's rights activist.
- Sandra in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee", song in Grease.