Saskia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Saskia
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Saskia? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Saskia
- Comments and insights on the name Saskia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Saskia: | Edit
I found it funny when I lived in New-Zealand they couldn't pronounce my name, so I shortened it to KIA and apparently it's a Maoriname too :)
My friend is named Saskia. Most of the time we call her Sa. We pronounce it SA-ski-a, not ZA-ski-a. My friend Saskia is German and her family says that Saskia used to mean knife in German.
- Nicknames for Saskia: | Edit
Sassi, Kia, Ass-kia (a friend of mine would call me that as an inside joke) , Ikea, Sas (pronounced Sos), Sa,
- Meanings and history of the name Saskia: | Edit
Saskia is a feminine name of Dutch origin, which originally meant "a Saxon woman".
- Famous real-life people named Saskia: | Edit
Saskia Reeves, British Actress
Saskia Hamilton, American poet
Saskia (b. 2012), daughter of American actress Anne Dudek
Saskia, daughter of American artist Red Grooms
Saskia, wife of artist Rembrandt
- Saskia in song, story & screen: | Edit
book - The Saskiad by Brian Hall