Schuyler: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Schuyler | Girls
Origin of the name Skylar:
Modern coinage of uncertain derivation. It might be based on sky or perhaps on the name of the Isle of Skye, an island off the coast of Scotland.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Schuyler? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Schuyler
- Comments and insights on the name Schuyler: | Edit
It is of Danish origin. The Dutch settlers brought the name to America in the 17th century. The homonym Skyler is most commonly used. Skylar is the preferred spelling for girls.
- Personal experiences with the name Schuyler: | Edit
Frequently mispronounced as "Shoeler". It's really annoying.
- Nicknames for Schuyler: | Edit
Sky or Skye
- Meanings and history of the name Schuyler: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Schuyler: | Edit
Michael J. Fox has a daughter named Schuyler with this exact spelling she is the twin of Aquinnah as well
17th Vice President of the United States, Schuyler Colfax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuyler_Colfax)
- Schuyler in song, story & screen: | Edit
Schuyler Grant - Canadian Actress known for her role of Diana in the Anne of Green Gables movies.
Schuyler Elizabeth Fisk is an American actress and singer-songwriter.