Sela Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sela? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sela
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sela
- Comments and insights on the name Sela: | Edit
Hebrew meaning: "rock" or "place of peace"
Lesa, Elsa and Sela are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Sela: | Edit
This is my daughter's first name.
- Nicknames for Sela: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Sela: | Edit
Hebrew name from the word for "rock." A biblical place name, Sela was the capital of Edom.
Pronounced SEL-ah in Hebrew.
also heard it pronounced (SAY-la)
- Famous real-life people named Sela: | Edit
Sela Ward, American actress
- Sela in song, story & screen: | Edit
Selá River, a river in Iceland.