Shaelyn: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Shaelyn
Origin of the name Shae:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name. Var: Shea, Shey.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shaelyn? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shaelyn
- Comments and insights on the name Shaelyn: | Edit
This name is unique; definitely not something you hear everyday.
- Personal experiences with the name Shaelyn: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Shaelyn: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Shaelyn: | Edit
Irish - little noble one
- Famous real-life people named Shaelyn: | Edit
None with this particular spelling...
- Shaelyn in song, story & screen: | Edit
None that I'm aware of.