Shaelyn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Shae:
Borrowed from the Irish, Shay is a pet form of Shamus, the Irish form of James (supplanting, seizing by the heel). It is also bestowed as an independent given name. Var: Shea, Shey.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shaelyn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shaelyn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shaelyn
- Comments and insights on the name Shaelyn: | Edit
This name is unique; definitely not something you hear everyday. It's fun and new and I love it.
- Personal experiences with the name Shaelyn: | Edit
My name is Shaelyn and nobody can ever say or spell it right which is annoying but i love my name.
- Nicknames for Shaelyn: | Edit
Shae, Shae-Bay, Shay-shay, Shaelynie
- Meanings and history of the name Shaelyn: | Edit
Irish - little noble one
- Famous real-life people named Shaelyn: | Edit
Cobie Smulders and Taran Killam's daughter Shaelyn Cado Killam
- Shaelyn in song, story & screen: | Edit
None that I'm aware of.