Shane: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Shane
Origin of the name Shana:
Short form of the Hebrew Shoshannah, which is derived from shoshan (lily, rose).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shane? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shane
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shane
- Comments and insights on the name Shane: | Edit
Shane and Sneha are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Shane: | Edit
My name is Shane Marie and and I was born in 1978. I was teased a little bit in school because a boy in my class was also named Shane. As an adult, I get a lot of compliments on it and I honestly don't mind it anymore. I wished my parents had added a 'y' to the name 'Shayne' or an 'i' Shaine to make it feminine.
- Nicknames for Shane: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Shane: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Shane: | Edit
Australian swimmer Shane Gould
Barbi Twin Shane Barbi
- Shane in song, story & screen: | Edit
Shane McCutcheon from the TV series "The L Word"