Sheherazade Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sheherazade? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sheherazade
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sheherazade
- Comments and insights on the name Sheherazade: | Edit
More often seen as Scheherazade in the anglicized form of the Arabic Shahrazahd, Sheherazade is the heroine from the Arabian Nights.
- Personal experiences with the name Sheherazade: | Edit
I have an 8 year old daughter with this name. Sometimes we get a lot of, "what is her nickname?" or "She-what?". However, she loves her name and everyone is able to pronounce it easily after hearing it. It is a beautiful name to be proud, after a strong female heroine.
- Nicknames for Sheherazade: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Sheherazade: | Edit
Scheherazade was the teller of the "One Thousand and One Nights", or "Arabian Nights" wherein Scheherazade tells a story to the king each night in order to continue her nights with him. After 1,000 nights, Scheherazade has run out of stories, but the king has fallen in love with her and she becomes his queen.
- Famous real-life people named Sheherazade: | Edit
Sheherazade Goldsmith, Zac Goldsmith's wife
- Sheherazade in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!