Sheridan: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Sheridan
Origin of the name Sheridan:
Transferred use of the Irish surname meaning “grandson of Siridean.” Siridean is an old Irish name meaning “peaceful.”
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sheridan? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sheridan
- Comments and insights on the name Sheridan: | Edit
My mother's maiden name, I always loved it for a girl's name as well.
- Personal experiences with the name Sheridan: | Edit
My best friend's name is Sheridan. I think it's a beautiful name, and I'm surprised it's not used more often.
- Nicknames for Sheridan: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Sheridan: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Sheridan: | Edit
Nicollette Sheridan, actress
Ann Sheridan, actress
Sheridan Leatherbury, actress
- Sheridan in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sheridan Crane, character on American soap-opera "Passions"