Shireen Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shireen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Shireen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shireen
- Comments and insights on the name Shireen: | Edit
Shireen [Pronunciation: Shee-reen](Shirin; or in French-speaking contexts, Chirin) is from the Persian meaning sweet. Possibly because of the historical influence of the Persian empire, this name is found in as diverse places as Iran, Pakistan, Kurdistan, the Middle East and Egypt. Shireen is part of a family of Persian girls' names that have been borrowed into other languages: Yasameen (Jasmine), Nisreen, Nermeen.
- Personal experiences with the name Shireen: | Edit
-My name is Shireen and I absolutely love it.
-We chose this name for our daughter who was born while we were living overseas. It has a pleasant meaning and is easy for English speakers to pronounce.
- Nicknames for Shireen: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Shireen: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Shireen: | Edit
Shirin (Shireen) Neshat, an Iranian-American actress
- Shireen in song, story & screen: | Edit
Shireen and Farhad - Old Persian Love Story
Shireen Baratheon - Princess and heir in Game of Thrones