Shona: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Shona
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Shona? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Shona
- Comments and insights on the name Shona: | Edit
Its a name, also the name of an African Language.
Shona is the anglicized spelling of the name Seonaid which is the Scottish Gaelic form of Janet. The spellings Seona, Sheona, Seonag are also found in Scotland.
Shona is also the language of the Shona People, a tribe in Zimbabwe.
- Personal experiences with the name Shona: | Edit
My SIL is named Shona. She is very strong, determined, & creative. She is very independent & private.
My name is Shona, pronounced with a long O. People often assume my name is pronounced like Shawna. My mum named me after the Shoshoni Native American tribe. My family nickname is ShaSha.
My name is Shona, I love my name but I find it annoying when people pronounce my name as Shauna.
- Nicknames for Shona: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Shona: | Edit
Shona is of Gaelic/Hebrew origin, meaning 'God is Gracious'
- Famous real-life people named Shona: | Edit
- Shona in song, story & screen: | Edit
Shona Lamb in magic kitten