Sibilla Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sybil:
Derived from the Latin Sibylla (a fortuneteller, a prophetess). The sibyls, women of ancient Greece and Rome, where mouthpieces of the ancient oracles and seers into the future. In the Middle Ages, they were believed to be receptors of divine revelation; thus Sibyl came into use as an acceptable given name. Var: Sibella.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sibilla? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sibilla
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sibilla
- Comments and insights on the name Sibilla
Italian Pronunciation: See-BEEL-Lah. The "S" may sound much like a "Z," though, when spoken (especially rapidly).
- Personal experiences with the name Sibilla
- Nicknames for Sibilla
- Meanings and history of the name Sibilla
Italian form of Sybil
- Famous real-life people named Sibilla
- Sibilla in song, story & screen