Skyler Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Skylar:
Modern coinage of uncertain derivation. It might be based on sky or perhaps on the name of the Isle of Skye, an island off the coast of Scotland.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Skyler? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Skyler
Contribute your knowledge to the name Skyler
- Comments and insights on the name Skyler: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Skyler: | Edit
Dad's name is Kyle and wanted his name in the middle (S-Kyle-r).
- Nicknames for Skyler: | Edit
Sky, Skye, Ska
- Meanings and history of the name Skyler: | Edit
From the word 'Schüler' (German) which means scholar.
- Famous real-life people named Skyler: | Edit
Schuyler (pron. Skylar) Grant, played Diana in the Anne of Green Gables mini-series
Skyler Rose Samuels had roles in the tv series Wizards of Waverly Place, The Gates, The Nine Lives of Chloe King, and Scream Queens.
- Skyler in song, story & screen: | Edit
Skyler (Minnie Driver) was the main character's love interest in film Good Will Hunting