Skyler: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Skyler | Girls
Origin of the name Skylar:
Modern coinage of uncertain derivation. It might be based on sky or perhaps on the name of the Isle of Skye, an island off the coast of Scotland.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Skyler? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Skyler
- Comments and insights on the name Skyler: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Skyler: | Edit
Dad's name is Kyle and wanted his name in the middle (S-Kyle-r).
- Nicknames for Skyler: | Edit
Sky, Skye, Ska
- Meanings and history of the name Skyler: | Edit
From the word 'Schüler' (German) which means scholar.
- Famous real-life people named Skyler: | Edit
Schuyler (pron. Skylar) Grant, played Diana in the Anne of Green Gables mini-series
- Skyler in song, story & screen: | Edit
Skyler (Minnie Driver) was the main character's love interest in film Good Will Hunting
Global Popularity of the Name Skyler
- #422 in United States