Solace: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Solace | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Solace
- Comments and insights on the name Solace: | Edit
The name Solace brings thoughts of calm and comfort, as well as the sun.
- Personal experiences with the name Solace: | Edit
My daughter's name is Solace. We love it so much. We've never had a negative comment on her name. We picked it because we had a hard time getting pregnant and then had a failed adoption before she was born. She was our comfort in hard times. We also love how it sounds. We pronounce it Sol-ace so that her nickname can be "Sol" which is spanish for Sun. So it's not the typical pronunciation.
- Nicknames for Solace: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Solace: | Edit
Solace, from Old French solas, from Latin sōlācium ("consolation"), meaning comfort or consolation in a time of distress.
- Famous real-life people named Solace: | Edit
Solace Huxley Layton Campbell, granddaughter to the late Jack Layton (Canadian social democratic politician and Leader of Canada's New Democrats, NDP).
- Solace in song, story & screen: | Edit
Quantum of Solace (James Bond film)
Solace (Sarah McLachlan album)
Solace - location in the Dragonlance fantasy novels