Sophina Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Sophia:
A borrowing from the Greek, Sophia is directly derived from sophia (wisdom, skill). The name has been in common use in England since the 17th century, when it was bestowed upon the infant daughter of James I.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sophina? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sophina
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sophina
- Comments and insights on the name Sophina: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Sophina: | Edit
I spotted a 3 year old girl with this name at the library. She was wearing a name tag.
My name is Sophina.
- Nicknames for Sophina: | Edit
Phina or Sophie
- Meanings and history of the name Sophina: | Edit
An elaboration on the name Sophia, meaning "wisdom." Sophina is not strictly a traditional name, but like has been heard in various languages over the years.
- Famous real-life people named Sophina: | Edit
Sophina Brown: actress on the TV show 'Numb3rs'.
- Sophina in song, story & screen: | Edit
There is a Moxie Girlz™ doll named Sophina.