Stacy: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Stacy
Origin of the name Stacy:
Derived from Stasia, a Russian pet form of Anastasia (resurrection). Stacey, believe to have originated in Ireland, is now common throughout the English-speaking world and is bestowed upon both male and female children.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Stacy? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Stacy
- Comments and insights on the name Stacy: | Edit
Stacy was the quintessential name for a teen girl in the '80s. Stacys on TV and in the movies were usually portrayed as being popular hand having permed blonde hair.
- Personal experiences with the name Stacy: | Edit
From personal experience every one I know with that name(myself included) is definetly quirky and unique.
- Nicknames for Stacy: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Stacy: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Stacy: | Edit
Stacy Keibler, Stacy Ann Ferguson aka "Fergie" from Black Eyed Peas
- Stacy in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Stacy's Mom" is a song by the group Fountains of Wayne. In a song "That's Not My Name" by The Ting Tings. In song "P**n Star Dancing" by My Darkest Days.