Stefanie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Stephanie:
From the French Stéphanie, a cognate of the Greek Stephana, which is a feminine form of Stephanos (a crown, a garland).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Stefanie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Stefanie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Stefanie
- Comments and insights on the name Stefanie: | Edit
People constantly misspell my name but I really enjoy having a unique name, unique in the spelling anyway.
- Personal experiences with the name Stefanie: | Edit
I love the original spelling of my name, derived from my Italian heritage. 90% of the time my name gets misspelled as Stephanie but it doesn’t really phase me.
- Nicknames for Stefanie: | Edit
Stef, Steffy, Stefi, Stefie, Teffie, Fanie, Nina
- Meanings and history of the name Stefanie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Stefanie: | Edit
Stefanie Wilder-Taylor, blogger and author of mommy books, such as Sippy Cups are Not for Chardonnay and Naptime is the New Happy Hour.
- Stefanie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Actress Stefanie Powers
"Stephanie Says" song by the Velvet Underground
Stefania gabriella germanotta - Lady Gaga's real name