Sukie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Susan:
English form of Susannah, which is from the Hebrew Soshana, a derivative of shōshannāh (a lily, a rose).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Sukie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Sukie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Sukie
- Comments and insights on the name Sukie: | Edit
Much better spelling than Sookie. Sookie looks like sook as in cry-baby.
- Personal experiences with the name Sukie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Sukie: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Sukie: | Edit
Diminutive of Susan.
Sukie is Hebrew and means, a Lily, a Rose,
Very pretty name.
- Famous real-life people named Sukie: | Edit
Sukie Smith, British actress and musician
Alice "Sukie" Waterhouse, English actress, model and entrepreneur
- Sukie in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sukie Ridgemont, fictional character in the John Updike novel "The Witches of Eastwick", portrayed by Michelle Pfeiffer
"Sukie", British indie band.
"Sukie In The Graveyard", song by Belle and Sebastian.
Sue Heck, character from the American sitcom the middle changed her name to Sukie in one episode.