Svanhild Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Svanhild
Contribute your knowledge to the name Svanhild
- Comments and insights on the name Svanhild: | Edit
Enjoys some popularity in Norway and the other Scandinavian countries.
The "d" is silent.
- Personal experiences with the name Svanhild: | Edit
My brother's name is actually a variation of Svanhild, my parents spelt it Svanhieldeh. Surprisingly, people rarely mispronounce it and no-one calls him out on having a girls name. It suits him.
- Nicknames for Svanhild: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Svanhild: | Edit
"Swan battle", from Old Norse.
- Famous real-life people named Svanhild: | Edit
Svanhild, mother of several of Harald I of Norway's children
- Svanhild in song, story & screen: | Edit
Svanhild or Svanhildr, the daughter of Sigurd and Gudrun in Norse mythology