Tabia Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tabitha:
From the Ecclesiastic Greek Tabeitha, which is derived from the Aramaic tabhītha (roe, gazelle). The name is borne in the Bible by a woman who was brought back to life by St. Peter.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tabia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tabia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tabia
- Comments and insights on the name Tabia: | Edit
Could be a nickname for Tabitha.
- Personal experiences with the name Tabia: | Edit
I am Named Tabia. Have persons call me tabitha, tabita, Tamie etc.
People tend to like it, they say it is unique, one they that they have not heard before. I had one of my friends named his daughter after me in 2013. I love my name, makes me feel special and unique, which I am.
- Nicknames for Tabia: | Edit
Tabby, Tabi, Tabs,
- Meanings and history of the name Tabia: | Edit
The name is of Egyptian and African Swahili Origin. In Swahili it means 'talented' and in African it means 'Gifted'
- Famous real-life people named Tabia: | Edit
not sure of any famous people with the name.
- Tabia in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!