Talitha Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Talitha? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Talitha
Contribute your knowledge to the name Talitha
- Comments and insights on the name Talitha: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Talitha: | Edit
My name is Talitha, and so far I have never met anyone else with the same name.
- Nicknames for Talitha: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Talitha: | Edit
Talitha is Hebrew for "little girl," and was used when Jesus raised Jairus' daughter from the dead, saying, "Talitha, cumi," meaning "little girl, arise".
Talitha is also a major star in the Ursa Major constellation. In this case the name is Arabic, meaning "three leaps of the gazelle." The three leaps refers to the three stars at the bottom of the constellation.
- Famous real-life people named Talitha: | Edit
Talitha McKenzie, American-born Scottish singer
Talitha Getty, Dutch model and actress, muse to YSL, married to Paul Getty (heir to Getty Oil), died of a heroin overdose in 1971.
- Talitha in song, story & screen: | Edit
Heroine of the Eva Ibbotson book "The Dragonfly Pool"
Talitha refers to two stars in the Ursa Major constellation.