Tatyana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tatyana:
Feminine form of the Latin Tatiānus, a derivative of the old Roman family name Tatius, which is of uncertain origin.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tatyana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tatyana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tatyana
- Comments and insights on the name Tatyana: | Edit
Dark-skin, tall, sarcastic, funny, talented, multi-cultural, cute, pretty, adorable, chill , cool,a lil crazy, love both genders.
- Personal experiences with the name Tatyana: | Edit
- Nicknames for Tatyana: | Edit
Tot, Tat, Ana, Yana, Taty
- Meanings and history of the name Tatyana: | Edit
It's a Russian Name
- Famous real-life people named Tatyana: | Edit
Tatyana Ali, American actress and singer
Saint Tatyana, a 3rd century martyr, is the patron saint of students - and her day is a day off school in Russia.
- Tatyana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Possibly made more popular by Pushkin's poem Evgeni (Eugene) Onegin, where Tatyana Larina is a main character.