Tenaya Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tenaya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tenaya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tenaya
- Comments and insights on the name Tenaya: | Edit
Chief Tenaya was the Chief of the Ahwahneechee tribe who inhabited Yosemite Valley when it was 'discovered' by the Mariposa Battalion in 1851.
- Personal experiences with the name Tenaya: | Edit
Tenaya can be either a male or a female name and can also be spelled 'Tenieya' and 'Teneiya', which are less popular. In Yosemite National Park there are many places named Tenaya; Lake Tenaya, Tenaya Canyon,Tenaya Fork and Tenaya Creek. In 1922 Tenaya Peak was renamed Mr. Lyell.
I know someone with the name Tenaya that goes by Naya. Its a really pretty and sweat name and i think it has a really insightful meaning towards the backrounds of for some people a local monument.
- Nicknames for Tenaya: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Tenaya: | Edit
Tenaya means "to dream" in the Ahwahneechee language and has also been used as a noun meaning "great leader".
- Famous real-life people named Tenaya: | Edit
- Tenaya in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!