Teri Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Teri:
A short form of Teresa, a name of uncertain etymology generally believed to be derived from the Greek therizein (to reap, to gather in) and thus takes the definition of “harvester.”
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Teri? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Teri
Contribute your knowledge to the name Teri
- Comments and insights on the name Teri: | Edit
If you name your daughter Teri, you can expect her to be spunky and and goofy.
A fun loving happy person :)
- Personal experiences with the name Teri: | Edit
Terri is much cuter name spelled with 2 Rs.
- Nicknames for Teri: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Teri: | Edit
Abbreviation of Teresa, meaning harvester.
- Famous real-life people named Teri: | Edit
Teri Hatcher, actress, Teri Harrison, model, Teri Austin, actress, Teri Copley, actress, Teri Polo, actress, Teri McMinn, actress.
- Teri in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!