Thea: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Thea
Origin of the name Thea:
Short form of Theodora (God's gift), Thea is also bestowed as an independent given name.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Thea? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Thea
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden
- Norwegian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Norway
- Danish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Denmark, 2010
- Norwegian Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Norway, 2010
- Swedish Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in Sweden, 2010
- English and Welsh Girls Names: Most Popular Names for Girls in England and Wales
Contribute your knowledge to the name Thea
- Comments and insights on the name Thea: | Edit
Etha and Thea are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Thea: | Edit
My sister's name...rare in the US.But pretty and short. There do tend to be pronunciation troubles that arise though, but other than that the name works well.
my name is Thea pronounced: TAY-UH. my mother is filipino sp she has a way with spelling. I like my name but no one can prn it correctly. much rather have it splet Taya. Thea looks pretty though i thnk.
- Nicknames for Thea: | Edit
Thee or TheeThee
- Meanings and history of the name Thea: | Edit
Greek: "godess" or it can be a shortened form of Theodora which changes the meaning to "gift of God"
- Famous real-life people named Thea: | Edit
Sister Thea Bowman
- Thea in song, story & screen: | Edit
Thea Queen, sister of Oliver Queen (Green Arrow DC Comic hero) in the television show "Arrow"
Thea Harman, a witch from the Night World series books by L.J. Smith.
Thea Elvsted from the play "Hedda Gabler"
Thea Stilton in the children's series Geranimo Stilton and Thea Stilton