Tiffany: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tiffany
Origin of the name Tiffany:
Transferred use of the surname derived from the Old French Tifaine (Epiphany), which is from the Ecclesiastic Late Latin Theophania (Ephiphany, manifestation of God).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tiffany? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tiffany
- Comments and insights on the name Tiffany: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Tiffany: | Edit
Often mixed up with: Stephanie
My friend's name is Tiffany, and I always call her Tiffy. My mom knew a friend who had a daughter named Tiffany, but it was spelled Tifani. I thought that spelling was cool.
- Nicknames for Tiffany: | Edit
T, Tiff, Tif, Tiffy, Taffy, Tiffers, Fanny, Tiffa, Tifa, Tiffo, Annie, Ann, Fifi, Ti-Ti, Tip, Tippy, Spiff
- Meanings and history of the name Tiffany: | Edit
Manifestation of God. In honor of the feast of the Epiphany, January 6, when the Three Wise Men found the infant Jesus.
- Famous real-life people named Tiffany: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Tiffany in song, story & screen: | Edit
Song :: Tiffany Blews by Fall Out Boy
Song :: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
Movie :: Breakfast at Tiffany's