Tinaya: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Tinaya
Origin of the name Tina:
Short form of Christina (a Christian, a follower of Christ), Tina is also bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tinaya? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tinaya
- Comments and insights on the name Tinaya: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Tinaya: | Edit
Nobody can say the name correctly
This is not true. Over the years a few college professors have managed to land it on the first try during roll call. However, many end up pronouncing it Ti-Nye-ah (like Maya) even after correcting them (which is incredibly irritating).
- Nicknames for Tinaya: | Edit
My parents called me Naya (kn-A-uh) when I was young.
- Meanings and history of the name Tinaya: | Edit
It is a popular surname in the Philippines.
- Famous real-life people named Tinaya: | Edit
There was a model in the 70's from the Philippines with the last name Tinaya.
- Tinaya in song, story & screen: | Edit
Tanaya lake in Oregon