Torre Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Tori:
A short form of Victoria (victory).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Torre ? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Torre
Contribute your knowledge to the name Torre
- Comments and insights on the name Torre : | Edit
Will probably be mispelled most of her life, but a cute and original spelling. Personally I like the spelling Torrie best of all the variations.
- Personal experiences with the name Torre : | Edit
One of my best friend's little sister is named Torre. Her parents took the spelling from Joe Torre's name.
I used to love the spelling of this name when I was a kid. I thought it should be the most common, yet it never showed up on the Social Security baby name list. I've since grown out of this spelling. I wouldn't want to have my child's name mispelled her whole life.
- Nicknames for Torre : | Edit
Tor, TorBear, Torabelle
- Meanings and history of the name Torre : | Edit
This name is related to Tori (Victoria), and therefore means victory.
Some say the name Tori comes from a Japanese word for bird.
- Famous real-life people named Torre : | Edit
Joe Torre, baseball team manager
- Torre in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!