Tracey Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tracey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tracey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tracey
- Comments and insights on the name Tracey: | Edit
This name is also sometimes used as a short form of THERESA. [from http://www.behindthename.com/name/tracy]
- Personal experiences with the name Tracey: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Tracey: | Edit
Trace, Tray, Tee
- Meanings and history of the name Tracey: | Edit
From an English surname which was taken from a Norman French place name meaning "domain belonging to THRACIUS". [from http://www.behindthename.com/name/tracy]
- Famous real-life people named Tracey: | Edit
Tracey Ullman, English comedian, actress, and singer
Tracey Gold, American actress, best known for her role in 1980s TV series "Growing Pains"
- Tracey in song, story & screen: | Edit
It was used by Charles Dickens for a masculine character in his novel 'The Pickwick Papers' (1837). It was later popularized as a feminine name by the main character Tracy Lord in the movie 'The Philadelphia Story' (1940). [from http://www.behindthename.com/name/tracy]