Tryphena Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Tryphena? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Tryphena
Contribute your knowledge to the name Tryphena
- Comments and insights on the name Tryphena: | Edit
It was revived in England after the Reformation, by 16th century English Puritans. Found in New England and New York in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Personal experiences with the name Tryphena: | Edit
MY NAME IS TRYPHENA, AND I LOVE MY NAME MORE THEN ANYTHING. I WRITE MY NAME EVERY WERE SO NO ONE, HAS A REASONS NOT TO KNOW ME.
- Nicknames for Tryphena: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Tryphena: | Edit
From Greek, meaning "delicate" or "dainty". A Christian named Tryphena is found in the New Testament, where she is greeted by St. Paul in Romans 16:12 as "a woman who labors in the Lord".
- Famous real-life people named Tryphena: | Edit
Tryphena Sparks, cousin and possibly lover of author Thomas Hardy, who inspired his poem, "Thoughts of Phena at News of Her Death".
- Tryphena in song, story & screen: | Edit
Tryphena is the name of a town in New Zealand.