Vianne: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Vianne | Girls
Origin of the name Vivian:
Cognate of the French Vivien (alive), a male name derived from the Latin Vivianus, which has its root in vivus (alive). Although in Great Britain it is occasionally bestowed upon females, the alternate spelling Vivien is the more common female form. In Arthurian legend, Vivian was the name of the Lady of the Lake, an enchantress who was the mistress of Merlin.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Vianne? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Vianne
- Comments and insights on the name Vianne: | Edit
Many compliments on how pretty the name is, and how unusual.
- Personal experiences with the name Vianne: | Edit
Too many times misinterpreted as Dianne, Vivian, Bonnie???
- Nicknames for Vianne: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Vianne: | Edit
Variation of the name Vivian, meaning "full of life"
- Famous real-life people named Vianne: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Vianne in song, story & screen: | Edit
The main character, Vianne Roche, in the film Chocolat.