Wietske Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Whitney:
Transferred use of the surname derived from Hwítan-íg (Hwita's island). Hwita is an Anglo-Saxon personal name derived from hwít (white).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Wietske? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Wietske
Contribute your knowledge to the name Wietske
- Comments and insights on the name Wietske: | Edit
A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. This name is unique and inspires many other variants of this name, such as Whiskey, maybe even Vodka, but Wietske is nicest.
- Personal experiences with the name Wietske: | Edit
Wietske is a very joyous and polite person. Full of energy! She does not procrastinate and has no problems with hair loss.
- Nicknames for Wietske: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Wietske: | Edit
It means warrior in Dutch.
- Famous real-life people named Wietske: | Edit
Wietske Anema, told you it was unique there is no other celebrity with it.
- Wietske in song, story & screen: | Edit
Oh Wietske, performed by Paul Domin and Ryan Ott in a band called kontakt granate.