Winema: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Winema
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Winema? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Winema
- Comments and insights on the name Winema: | Edit
Okay, this is my name but it is actually more commonly spelled the way I spell mine...which is Wynema.
It's pronounced with a long y sound just like if you were saying "why-nema"
It's Native American and it means "woman chief". I go by my nickname which is Nema. When I was a child my name annoyed me because everyone got it wrong but now I think it's cool to have an unusual name and I get compliments on it all the time.
- Personal experiences with the name Winema: | Edit
Well, it is my name so I'm pretty familiar with it haha.....only mine is spelled Wynema.
- Nicknames for Winema: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Winema: | Edit
I know that the name is Native American but not positive from which tribe it derived from. My family on my father's side has alot of cherokee in them. The name means "woman chief"
- Famous real-life people named Winema: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Winema in song, story & screen: | Edit
Wynema A Child of the Forest by S. Alice Callahan