Yasmin Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Yasmin:
Derived from the Arabic Yasmīn (jasmine), from the name of a bush bearing white, sweet-smelling flowers.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yasmin? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yasmin
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yasmin
- Comments and insights on the name Yasmin: | Edit
It is a very beautiful name.
- Personal experiences with the name Yasmin: | Edit
Yasmin has a beautiful smile
- Nicknames for Yasmin: | Edit
Yas , Yasi , Yasea, Min-Min, Mi-Mi,
- Meanings and history of the name Yasmin: | Edit
Yasmin name is a Persian name that it means Yasamanah. It is a beautiful and lovely flower that it is white. The flower that is pink or... are not Yasmin flower they are Yas or Yasaman flower. In English Yasmin is Jasmine. Some people think that Yasmin name is Arabic or a Muslim but it isn't Zoroastrianism. In past the people who named Yasmin or Yasamanah were very rich.
By Yasmin Irani
- Famous real-life people named Yasmin: | Edit
Yasmin Paige, British actress (born 1991)
- Yasmin in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!