Yvette Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Yvette:
French feminine diminutive form of Yves (yew).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Yvette? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Yvette
Contribute your knowledge to the name Yvette
- Comments and insights on the name Yvette: | Edit
Yvette is a French name meaning "yew" which is what an archer's bow is made of. The tree is pretty.
- Personal experiences with the name Yvette: | Edit
This is my aunt's name. Her family lived in Egypt but her siblings were being educated at a French Catholic school when she was born.
This was my husband's paternal grandmother's name. Similar sounding to my own middle name (Yvonne) that comes from my maternal grandmother. We are considering using Yvette and Yvonne as middle names for our two girls.
- Nicknames for Yvette: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Yvette: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Yvette: | Edit
Yvette of Huy, patron saint of brides, large families, and widows.
Yvette Mimieux, American actress
* Yvette Alexander, U.S. politician
* Yvette Andréyor, French silent film actress
* Yvette Baker, British orienteer
* Yvette Biro, Hungarian essayist, screenwriter, and professor emerita
* Yvette Brind'Amour, Canadian actor
* Yvette Cason, U.S. film and television actress
* Yvette Chauviré, French prima ballerina
* Yvette Clarke, U.S. politician
* Yvette Cooper, British politician
* Yvette D'Ath, Australian politician
* Yvette Devereaux, U.S. conductor
* Yvette Dotrice, English actress
* Yvette Espinosa, English ballerina and ballet teacher
* Yvette Estermann, Swiss politician
* Yvette Fielding, British broadcaster and actress
* Yvette Freeman, U.S. actress
* Yvette Giraud, French singer
* Yvette Girouard, U.S. softball coach
* Yvette Guilbert, French cabaret singer and actress
* Yvette Higgins, Australian waterpolo player
* Yvette Jarvis, U.S./Greek athlete, politician, actress and model
* Yvette Kane, U.S. judge
* Yvette Lee Bowser, U.S. television writer and producer
* Yvette Lu, Canadian independent film and stage actress, singer, composer, writer and producer
* Yvette Michele, U.S. R&B singer
* Yvette Mimieux, U.S. film and television actress
* Yvette Nelson, U.S. model, actress and singer/songwriter
* Yvette Nicole Brown, U.S. actress
* Yvette of Huy, Christian prophetess and anchoress
* Yvette Rachelle, U.S. actress and model
* Yvette Rekangali, Gabonese politician
* Yvette Rosser, U.S. author and scholar
* Yvette Sylvander, one half of Swedish cover model twins Yvette and Yvonne Sylvander
* Yvette Tollar, Canadian jazz vocalist
* Yvette Vickers, U.S. actress, pin-up model and singer
* Yvette Williams, New Zealand athlete
* Yvette Wilson, U.S. comedian and actress
* Iweta Rajlich, Polish master of chess
* Iveta Benešová, Czech tennis player
* Iveta Lutovská, Czech Miss 2009 and model
* Iveta Bartošová, Czech pop singer
* Yvetta Hlaváčová, Czech swimmer
* Yvetta Blanarovičová, Slovak actress
* Iveta Toušlová, Czech moderator
* Iveta Kořínková, Czech redactor and moderator of TV Nova
* Yvetta Simonová, Czech swing and opera singer and actress
* Iveta Kadlecová, Czech painter
* Iveta Kulhavá, Czech photographer
* Iveta Dušková, Czech actress
* Iveta Lažanská, Czech author of Girl novels
* Yvette Nipar, American actress
- Yvette in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Yvette," a short story by Guy de Maupassant.
Yvette is a river in the south of France.
Yvette named doll, Groovy Girls
Yvette from Game of Thrones.