Zahara: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Zahara
Origin of the name Zahara:
Jewish name meaning "to shine."
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zahara? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zahara
- Comments and insights on the name Zahara: | Edit
I chose this name for my daughter and I love it. I wanted something that sounded strong and beautiful. Its my name and everyone tells me it beautiful.
- Personal experiences with the name Zahara: | Edit
The only person I know named Zahara is Ethiopian-American. I am an African-American and its my name.
- Nicknames for Zahara: | Edit
Zaboombafoo, zigi, z, Hara
- Meanings and history of the name Zahara: | Edit
both african and hebrew, meaning flower, budding flower, Shining, to shine, to be bright
- Famous real-life people named Zahara: | Edit
Zahara Jolie-Pitt, one of the offspring of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt
- Zahara in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!