Zelia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Zelia
Origin of the name Celia:
Derived from the Latin Caelia, a feminine form of the old Roman family name Caelius, which is believed to be a derivative of the Latin caelum (heaven). Celia is also used as a short form of Cecilia (blind, dim-sighted).
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zelia? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zelia
- Comments and insights on the name Zelia: | Edit
Portuguese form of Celia
- Personal experiences with the name Zelia: | Edit
I've never been teased with my name, but it's always been mispronounced and it's extremely annoying. I've even had famous people writing autographs to me like this "To Xenia ..." Also it's not the fanciest name in the world, IMO.
- Nicknames for Zelia: | Edit
Lia, Zizi, Elyosha, Ella, Ellie, Zel, Eliza
- Meanings and history of the name Zelia: | Edit
Origin is Greek. Means sunshine; Zeal.
- Famous real-life people named Zelia: | Edit
Zélia Cardoso de Mello, economist
Zelia Duncan, musician
Zelia Gattai, writer
- Zelia in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!