Zipporah Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zipporah? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zipporah
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zipporah
- Comments and insights on the name Zipporah: | Edit
My grandmother's name was Zibby.
- Personal experiences with the name Zipporah: | Edit
My friend calls her little Zipporah "Zippy" and it is just the most adorable name for an energetic little girl!
And then there's Zippy the Pinhead!
- Nicknames for Zipporah: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Zipporah: | Edit
The original Hebrew form, Tzipporah, is the name of the wife of Moses. Zipporah is the Anglicized version. It means "bird."
- Famous real-life people named Zipporah: | Edit
Biblical; wife of Moses.
- Zipporah in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!