Zoey Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zoe:
A borrowing from the Greek, Zoe is derived from zōē (life).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zoey? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zoey
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zoey
- Comments and insights on the name Zoey: | Edit
I actually prefer this spelling to Zoe because it gets mispronounced a lot less often.
Well, you know anyone logical and fluent in English should know that Zoe is pronounced Zoh-EE with the exception of Rachel Zoe.
- Personal experiences with the name Zoey: | Edit
My sister(born in 1999)name is Zoey and she likes it.I like her name and I think it's pretty and cool.
- Nicknames for Zoey: | Edit
Zo, Zo-Zo, Oey, Zoeybird, Z
- Meanings and history of the name Zoey: | Edit
It is Greek for "Life"
- Famous real-life people named Zoey: | Edit
Zoey Deutch (b. 1994) - American actress
- Zoey in song, story & screen: | Edit
Zoey from Left 4 Dead, a zombie survivalist xbox 360 classic game.\
Zoey Brooks, Zoey 101
Zoey Redbird - From the House Of Night Series by P.C and Kristin Cast. <3
Zoey Carter from Eureka