Zoya Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Zoe:
A borrowing from the Greek, Zoe is derived from zōē (life).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Zoya? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Zoya
Contribute your knowledge to the name Zoya
- Comments and insights on the name Zoya: | Edit
Russian and Ukrainian cognate of Zoe
- Personal experiences with the name Zoya: | Edit
As a person of Ukrainian heritage with the name Zoya, I have never met another Slavic person named Zoya. All of the Zoyas I know of are Middle Eastern or Central Asian in origin, of which I'm not sure why.
- Nicknames for Zoya: | Edit
Zoyachka, Zoika, Zosha, Zoyush
- Meanings and history of the name Zoya: | Edit
From the Greek name Zoe meaning "life"
Russian and ukrainian form of Zoe meaning "Alive"
Islamic form of Zoe meaning Alive, Life and Joyous,Loving and Caring
Persian form of Zoe meaning" Mohabbat",Mohabbat means love in Persian
- Famous real-life people named Zoya: | Edit
Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya, Soviet hero during World War II
- Zoya in song, story & screen: | Edit
Title and female protagonist of a 1988 Danielle Steel novel