Baby Boy name, can't end in N!!
So many boy names seem to end in N. I would like to share what I do and do not want in a name for our son due in November. Please help us name him!
1. Can't end in an "n" His brother's name already does... Big brother named (Cannon)
2. one or two syl. to go with our Irish last name of 3 syl. Our last name is something like "McTarry"
3. I would like it to be fairly rare. Like maybe not in the top 800 I don't want to know anyone with this name for any associations, good or bad. I know a TON of people!
4. I want ANYONE to be able to look at the spelling of the name and be able to pronounce it. My first and last name have been mispronounced my WHOLE life, and I just want to spare my little guy from the pain that is.
5. Nothing that has an obvious nick name. BUT we're not opposed to naming him that shorter name. ex: If we name him Griff, instead of naming him Griffin just to call him Griff.
Some names I like but can't use for some of the reasons above include: Gavin, Silas, Tristan, Reed, Dexter, Devon, Marco, Wren, Merrit, Garrett, Chase,Caleb, Cannon, just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from. Thank you for any and all suggestions!! I really appreciate your help!
Thu, 06/28/2012 - 2:37am