Boys name advice & thoughts?
Hi all, I am back for some advice/opinions now that we know we are having a boy (our first boy!).
here are some names that we either both like or one of us does:
- Bodhi/Bode: I am not sure which spelling I would use. I worry nobody would pronounce Bode correctly. But it fits in With DH’s heritage better. Also, it is probably more trendy then my typical style. But I love it SO much. So you think it’s too horribly trendy? I don’t want the name to feel like all the Aiden’s/Kaden’s/ Braiden’s etc.
- Lucius: I do like it. My reservation is that it’s a variation of one of our DD’s mns which doesn’t bother DH but bugs me!
- Wolf/Wolfgang: For me Wolfgang kind of conjures up an image I’m not sure I like. Mainly because of a character who held this name. But it’s hard for me to get over. It also is a lot of name. It works well with our heritage. I like the nn Wolf (as a fn Wolf doesnt feel substantial), I just don’t want to seem like I am trying too hard to be different, I also want to be able to get over with the image that character left me with.
- Rhett: DH likes this one a lot. I like it too but I am not sure it wows me. Also I have a cousin named Brett which is similar and makes me hesitate to use it.
- Bray: it’s a fine name. Strong sounding butnisnt it a sound an animal makes?
- Bear/Baer: I really like this but it’s highly unlikely I would ever use it as a fn. I think it would make a fun and spunky mn.
Some names that have been brought up but vetoed: Viggo, Rocco, Otto, Cub(this one still makes me roll my eyes), Camilo. Maximus, Anders.
if I could just get your thoughts/feelings/images that the names conjure up etc. anything and everything that you think could help me in weighing these options that would be great. More suggestions very welcome! TIA
Tue, 11/14/2017 - 12:50am