Ideas for a sibling
Hello all :)
I am not currently expecting but DH and I were discussing possible future child names and I thought I'd get your opinion for fun! Our son is Leo Alexander and his name fits him perfectly. We have some top contenders for girls but we are both totally stumped for boys names. Leo was by far and away my favorite boys name so I'm hoping all of you expert namers will give me some fresh ideas. For reference our last names is 2 syllables and starts with a "D".
Which of these girl names do you like with Leo?
1. Eliza - this is what Leo probably would have been named if he had been a girl. This is my husband's favorite. My only hang up is that people may hear her name as "Liza" or try to use this as a nickname and I'm not a fan of that name. Does anyone else think that would actually be an issue or am I over-thinking?
2. Nora - I have loved this name for a very long time but it's the most popular of our choices.
3. Violet - another name I've liked for a while but my husband goes back and forth with this one. I am not typically a fan of nicknames but I know"Vi" is a natural nickname and I think that's cute.
4. Alice - I like this name but some days I like it more than others so it's at the bottom of the list right now. Anytime I meet someone who has used the name Alice I love it.
For boys I'm completely stumped and looking for totally new ideas!! Other names on our previous list (though none came close to Leo) were:
1. Henry - my husband and I both love this but it seems extremely popular.
2. Milo - DH liked this one but I couldn't get past "Milo and Otis". Obviously we couldn't use this now because of the similar "o" ending (this also rules out Theo and Hugo, which were both briefly discussed).
3. Oscar - we just kept coming back to "Oscar the grouch" and we know a few people who's dogs have this name.
4. Archer - I like it but I don't like the connection to the cartoon. DH never really got on board and I'm not sure it works with Leo.
5. Malcolm - I liked it but DH did not. I could maybe get him to agree to use it for a middle in the future but neither of us are thrilled about the nickname "Mal" if it's a first name.
So all of this is currently hypothetical but (as I'm sure most of you understand) fun to think about! Thanks in advance!
Wed, 07/05/2017 - 5:30pm